Friday, December 12, 2008

Marsh painting finished



I finished this one up last night. The bottom one is the final one; the two above are the two previous nights' work. I learn a lot by looking at where I've come from in a piece (oftentimes I realize I've gone too far) so I put this together to compare them.
It's been too long since I've touched canvas, but it felt really good. I don't think I'll ever get tired of experimenting with color and brushwork, or learn enough where I think I don't have something to new to experience from every inch of a piece.

1 comment:

McLean Kendree said...

Word son. Word. Seriously though, do you ever actually go out and paint on location anywhere here in Maryland? If there were enough people at work who were into breakin' out the oils, that could make a fun event or somethin'. Anyway, nice brushwork, hope to see more.